Updated to include model planning tools for your IEP teams plus 39 new cases!
While a one-to-one aide may help some children with autism, it also raises questions: Does the child need one-to-one assistance to receive FAPE? Do the parents have a say in the district’s choice of aide?
Get all the guidance you need in this updated resource, combining explanations of your district's legal requirements, case summaries and valuable compliance strategies -- so you can minimize the potential for IDEA litigation as you:
- Determine whether the use of an aide is necessary and appropriate for a child
- Communicate with parents about sensitive issues and foster positive relationships
- Select a qualified aide and handle parents’ requests for a specific aide
- Ensure that aides promote growth rather than dependence
- Prepare for the reduction or termination of an aide's services
Plus, model tools provide further guidance to staff, including Aide Planning: Considerations and Recommendations, Student Needs Analysis, and more!