By Ray W. Christner, Jessica B. Bolton and Jacqlyn Tumolo Zarabba
Expert guidance from three nationally certified school psychologists! You and your staff learn about the 8 most common types of student anxieties, from social anxiety and school phobia, to test anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and more.
Foster positive relationships with parents -- and avoid costly lawsuits -- with straightforward advice on how to spot anxiety issues that impact student behavior and academics, as well as how to:
- Determine when and how to conduct a multifaceted evaluation
- Provide interventions across a continuum, including a three-tiered model of service delivery and evidence-based interventions
- Apply interventions for the student, the entire class, and in the IEP
- Intervene for children whose anxiety is co-morbid with LD, autism and ADHD, or whose anxiety stems from bullying
- Differentiate Section 504 eligibility from IDEA eligibility and provide accommodations
Plus, you get real-life examples of how anxiety impedes student learning, hands-on tools including a behavioral checklist for classroom observers, and a review of relevant legal cases illustrating the dos and don'ts of serving students with anxiety.