By Melissa Junge, Esq. and Sheara Krvaric, Esq.
Avoid compliance errors and spot red flags that could put you at risk in an audit with the administrator's guide to understanding the legal requirements surrounding the way you spend federal funds.
Education attorneys Melissa Junge and Sheara Krvaric boil down the complex network of rules governing federal education programs – and the five core management principles that form their foundation – into plain how-to language for administrators.
From determining allowable costs to procurement, cash management, inventory management and financial management, you get expert strategies to integrate the core principles into all of your grant managements systems – and ultimately ensure that your federal expenditures are: 1) reasonable, 2) necessary, 3) allocable, 4) allowable and 5) adequately documented.
Six easy-to-read chapters empower you to:
- Review the soundness of your internal management systems and policies
- Adopt proven practices for the compliant expenditure of federal grant funds
- Prepare for an audit by anticipating likely questions and providing adequate documentation for expenditures
- Comply with time and effort requirements
- Avoid common compliance errors
- And more!
Get the guide that helps you protect your district today!