By John E. McCook, Ed.D.
If the RTI train hasn't passed through your school district yet, it's coming … and it's coming fast. Or maybe you're already on board, but it's a runaway train. Be ready and take control with Leading and Managing RTI...
Get the leadership-level thinking and framework administrators like you need to lead and manage the process of building and maintaining an RTI model. Author John E. McCook, a longtime district administrator, consultant and RTI expert, shows you the five steps to achieve a successful RTI model, highlighting the leadership and management issues along the way:
- Determining and building awareness
- Creating and fostering commitment
- Developing infrastructure
- Implementing the model and its processes
- Evaluating and retooling your model
You get administrative gut checks and point-blank advice about expectations regarding staff, resources, training, and what's at stake when you strive to effectively change education where you are.
Plus, you learn critical strategies on how to:
- Develop buy-in for your RTI efforts
- Build capacity for RTI implementation
- Structure intervention groups
- Collect and analyze data
- Ensure interventions are implemented with fidelity and integrity
- Make decisions regarding RTI in secondary schools
- And more