Sixth Edition with more Q&As, more case law and more compliance concerns!
The Answer Book needs to be on every educator’s desk – in quick reach whenever you have a question on your legal obligations to students with disabilities regarding independent educational evaluations, transition services, transportation, parental consent, manifestation determinations, health-care-related services and more!
No matter what the special education topic, you’ll find quick, authoritative explanations of the law plus plenty of case examples illustrating its practical application to real-world scenarios. More than 550 Q&As give you expert insights into your top challenges:
- The interplay between use of aversives or corporal punishment and a student’s constitutional rights
- Key legal issues to consider when responding to bullying or harassment
- Complying with the child find requirement while implementing a proper RTI program
- The application of stay-put in a variety of circumstances
- Eligibility for students who show signs of autism
- When a service animal can be required as a related service
- Plus more!