Every time you need to screen applicants and make placement decisions for current or former competitive service employees, you have to apply the federal qualification standards. This course is the most convenient way to get up to speed on this complex area – written by a federal HR professional with 30+ years experience, including service at the Office of Personnel Management.
Author Vicki Braun transforms the relevant laws, regulations and policies into easy-to-digest language, teaching you the four major categories of qualification standards and requirements, the five types of group coverage standards, and the differences between the qualification systems for white- and blue-collar occupations. Plus, you learn the three major steps in job element examining, the importance of the crediting plan, and where to reference qualification standards for Wage Grade positions and General Service positions.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Federal Qualification Standards
Chapter 2: General Schedule Positions
Chapter 3: Trades and Labor Occupations
After completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Define qualification standards, their core components and when they are used
- Identify the differences between qualification and classification standards
- Apply qualification standards when taking placement actions including promotion, reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, reinstatement and reemployment
- Distinguish between the qualification systems for General Schedule positions and Trades and Labor occupations
- Follow the three major steps in job element examining, with emphasis on preparing the crediting plan
- Complete the final course assessment with at least 80% mastery.
How do cyberFEDS® eLearning courses work? Visit www.lrp.com/cfelearn for details.
You’ll never pay more than $124 per course and DEEP discounts are available for volume purchases of 30 or more courses! See for yourself how you and/or your staff can benefit from taking cyberFEDS® eLearning courses. Contact us in one of these three easy ways to get started:
- Complete and submit our online form
- Call toll-free 1-800-341-7874
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organization and phone number