Perfect for Title I veterans and newcomers alike, Let's Talk Title I is your survivor’s guide to navigating all the law’s intricacies and quirky obstacles.
Seen-it-all TitIe I expert Cheryl Sattler gives you an insider’s view of the real Title I, turning her years of experience into straightforward explanations of key components plus “here’s how you do it” instructions.
From choosing the right type of program, to getting parents involved and spending funds appropriately, you find out everything you need to know, understand and do to carry out your program, including:
- An explanation of consolidating federal funds in a Title I schoolwide program
- A walk-through of the 27-month period a district has to spend its Title I funds
- Tips for coordinating required transportation for homeless students
- Examples for calculating comparability among all schools or by grade span or size
- A checklist of what to include in a contract with a third-party provider of services in private schools
Includes a detailed look at audits and monitoring. . . how to prepare yourself and staff, what documents to have on hand, and how an auditor or monitor thinks -- so you can face the process with confidence.