Each month, Maintaining Safe Schools shows you how to take action to safeguard your schools -- and ensure the safe learning environments your students, staff and parents expect.
From responding to weapons threats to spotting bullies and their targets ... and from conducting building inspections to curbing truancy, Maintaining Safe Schools gives you the field-tested strategies and hands-on guidance you need to create a safe, productive learning environment.
Every month, you get best practices and how-to guidelines so you can:
- Minimize facility hazards, such as food contamination, trip-and-fall dangers, and outdated electrical systems
- Train your staff on safety procedures including bullying prevention and bus evacuation drills
- Effectively use metal detectors, video cameras, student searches and other security measures
- Protect student's health by controlling the spread of germs, eliminating asthma triggers, dispensing medication safely and more
- Resolve less serious discipline problems, such as hallway loitering and skipping class, that can potentially lead to violence
- And much more
Maintaining Safe Schools zeroes in on best practices and innovative programs you can put in place before a safety problem arises in your school. You'll also receive model plans, assessment tools, checklists and sample policies you can immediately adapt to your programs, so you can implement what works -- and eliminate costly trial and error.
And, our unique Legal Updates section gives you quick-read summaries of court cases involving negligent supervision, student injury, hazing and other disputes -- so you can avoid the mistakes that landed other schools in legal hot water.
What's more, Maintaining Safe Schools updates you on the latest legislation and federal mandates that affect your safety policies, including the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, the Gun-Free School Zones Act, and No Child Left Behind Act requirements that relate to school safety.
(Newsletter. 12 issues/year. Product Code: 300036)
$ave big on subscriptions for your entire staff!
Call 1-800-341-7874 for details on how much you can save.